Thursday, March 20, 2008

Austin TX

So, I'm finally back from Austin!
It were 5 days of skateboarding, fun, friends and new experiences. I really, really like this town and could imagine spending some years in there. I know that some of you guys would love it. I was often too lazy to take pictures of everything, but I still have about 100 pictures to upload. Right now it's already 4 o'clock, I have still no school until monday. I try to upload and write as much as possible today.


3 signifcant pictures:






That's where our second hotel (we changed after 2 days because we wanted to be near to downtown) was. The street is called congress. There are many shops were you can buy a lot of clothing food or whatever. It's really busy and as you see not very far from downtown. On our first day there were a lot of things going on because of the big big concert which took place that night. We saw some parts of this FREE concert with 3 stages. It's really famous and big (it's called south by southwest or something). I was a bit sad because it reminded me somehow of home...





A weirdo called Tanner skating down a hill. That was the same night as the concert when we skated around downtown and looked for spots. As mentioned before I was kinda down that night. I felt physically uncomfortable, my ankle was hurting and I felt weird in general... It seemed to me that I was in a box (abilene) for the last 7 months and suddendly we came into this town full of punkrockers, health restaurants, weird shops/people and skatespots.. After that I had a really great time and I was dissapointed that we had to leave after 5 days.






That's me in a toy shop. I bought a bouncing ball (flummi). There was a pirat skull on it. We left the shop and went along a busy road. I played with the ball. "Gooman", the other skateboarder from Abilene who was in Austin at the same time and spent a few nights with us, asked me for it and instead of giving it to him I threw it against his back. After I repeated this it bounced on the street. A car drove over it while it was still bouncing, so it bouced under the car and it didn't come back. So the ball sticks in a car right now and travels around Austin, Texas, USA and maybe around the world.

1 comment:

dorli said...

"FREAK!!!"

dorli loves max