Friday, March 14, 2008

The Velvet Underground


The Velvet Underground and Nico
The second last CD I bought.
I went into Hastings (CD, DVD, Book shop) and looked for a CD. For some reason I never feel like buying the CD's I thought about before and I always wanna buy something spontanous. So I went in, checked ACDC, Metallica, Black Sabbath, Thin Lizzy and so forth... Finally I decided that it shouldn't be heavy Metal or somehing like this, so I sat down with this Rolling stone (500 greatest albums of all time) book and looked through it. When I saw this CD, I felt good, because the name of the band kicks ass, the cover kicks ass and the review kicked ass!
I am very pleased with the CD. It's quiete different and interesting music. I can listen to it before school or at night, it's very good to chill and think. The lyrics are good and I like the singer Lou Reed (that's right or?). My favourite songs are Sunday morning, I'm waiting for my man (or whatever it's called), all tomorrows parties and heroin. Heroin is really interesting because it really talks about the heroin addiction and the heroin trips in a different way than you usally see it. Great CD, so I guess everybody might be happy??!!

No comments: