Monday, March 10, 2008

Contest (1)

Contest day!


Saturday was Contest day at the park. Thanks to Johnny, the skateshop owner, who was probably the main organizer of that whole thing. You could sign up for beginners, medium or advanced. They charged you 5 bucks. It was a lot of fun although the crowd really sucked. People were mostly just sitting around and watching and didn't cheer; that's definitely a really important part of a contest in my eyes. I still tried to encourage some people and had a good time. I signed up for advanced and got 4th. I'm kinda proud because the first three places were "reserved"; Nick, Kyle and Aaron are all in the primal skateshop team and are just on another level; each of their warm up runs is already better than my best run. My run was still good, I just bailed one trick and was kinda stocked that I landed a bs flip first try down the bank where the guy in the hippie shirt does a hardflip. In the following 8 minute jam session were some tricks landed, but most people just chilled. I mean, who wants to land a sick trick when no judge (there were just 2) is watching? You know, everybody does sick stuff without cameras or judges, but at a contest you want the judges to watch it! So in the end Kyle got first, Aaron second and Nick third. After that, we went to my school and skated there (dylan, me, chase). Chase landed his first kickflip down the 5. I did a perfect bs heelflip. Dylan did a 180 over a 6stair handrail with cracks in the run up, that was really insane. According to this we skated a little 3 stair handrail and Dylan killed it again, pictures coming soon...
It's already 5:33 am, I didn't get any sleep so far. I feel really weird and cannot imagine going to school in just 3 hours and getting up in 2. I never stayed up that long for no reason, and there is really no reason tonight. I read about 20 pages in my world history book but I was to tired to pay attention. This day is already wasted, after a really good weekend full of good skateboarding, chilln, food, friends and a very nice phonecall ;).



Chad (judge) and Johnny, Dylan and his impressive afro in the back
crowd
zach, intermedium winner
crowd again
beginners group, young guy

this guy is cool, he gave us some music
hardflip down the bank, right at the end of the intermedium jam session
I think he won the beginners, I think 9 years old
prices
zach is doing a manual at the end of his run, while the people talk a walk with their dogs

nick is doing somehting like a fakie 5:0, while chase and dylan numan (how do you spell your last name?) are watching

joe is a fuckin' killer 3 year old and the son of johnnys girlfriend, I don't know if it's his son, but who cares, joe rips
kyle, indy nosebone
nick is a beast

METAL!!!

Hmm, probably not so much metal. These guys were allright!

Kyle, handplant
Chad and Johnny again
kyle, kickflip indy. Yes, he almost got this one. In his run he did one, last trick of his run, kickflip indy over the hip. Dylan or somebody said today, that it's so easy for him (or something like hat) and that's exactly what you think when you see him skate!
Ausin, biker and eater.
Me and Katie or Kate or Kathlen or how you write this name.
this dude skated his run with his dogs in his arms, weird, but at least more entertaining than a boring crowd
Johnny knows what's going on, especially with my creative griptape
The winner of the contest needs to chill
Yeah, prices, free stuff, argahkod;fhads

Zach deserves the board

Hardflip down the bank, that's how he handels his business
Aaron, I am really sure it's a 360. 2. place for him.
Clayton, 360 flip (not landed in this try)



1 comment:

nevadanevadanevada said...

REALLY GREAT PICTURES !!!
(Nice pickel in your nose, hä, hä, hä!)

Glad that yout had this phone call.

I think BOARDSTEIN needs this pictures and something like a report (maybe for printing it in the magazine!?). Try it!

You have to sleep a little bit because you know: "Bei allem was du tust...!"